Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

3.19.2005

3.19.2005

Hello everyone. Been a while since I have posted. Today was the first day I have had a chance to get to the library. Work is great, putting in about 70 hours a week. Long hours, but I do love that paycheck ;),
A friend sent this link, Questia. I haven't had a lot of time to look it over, but if you go there and type in Homelessness,there are hundreds of links.
The Easter flowers are in full bloom along the fields where I live. I wish I could get some pictures to share. I planted some Sugar Snap peas in a little garden, my landlords said I could make.
It should do well, I hauled cow manure last Sunday afternoon and put on it. Then tilled in some dead leaves I got along the creek bank.
Really nice people I have as landlords. Also the folks where I work are first rate. I haven't got to fish any yet. I am hoping to later on today. I came to town to get a few things, since this is the first Saturday I have had off. Good to be self sufficient again. Life was always good. Even when I was homeless. I always had my health, physical and mental ( ok, there may be some question about the mental health...JOKE). All it took for me to realize how well off I was , was a walk around the downtown area of Nashville. I saw alot of people much worse off than I.
Seems at work we will be going back to a 40 hour week now. The guys like to fish and its warm enough now to get out on most evenings. From what I gather, when they can't get out and hunt and fish, they work overtime. Works for me,but then, I am just happy to be there.
March Madness is in Nashville. Some of the NCAA first round games are being played here. There aren't any hotel rooms left downtown and if any of you have ever been to Nashville, you know thats quite a few.
I noticed something interesting, over I know have had over 1600 hits on this blog. Thats pretty surprising to me. I know some of them are people just surfing in and some are repeats from regular readers, but it still amazes me. Thanks to all of you.

I hope to visit some of my favorite blogs and leave a message. If I dont, I apologize to you. I will try to be back here next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Fred,

Bloggers comments have been acting weird lately.

Man, I am damn proud what you have been able to accomplish. Hang in there man and write some good fishing stories. I love to fish. If I lived near Nashville we would go fishing on some hot summer days.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Aaron the Atheist said...

Fred it is Grrrreat to see you back. Yabba dabba Do. You're still an inspiration. Hope that you do get to go fishing, then we can trade fish tales. LOL.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home