Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

2.08.2005

Some sad news

I am new at this blogging thing. And recently a person gave me some encouragement and it helped a great deal. I was surfing around checking on some blogs that I regularly read and I have found that he is no longer blogging.
The Grumpy "Old" Man was, no, IS a wonderful writer and I hate to see him go. But I understand his reasoning. And totally agree with him. I hope one of these days to get back my life and I don't want to be known as the formerly homeless man. Just known for me, who I am, what I bring to the table.
I hope he drops in from time to time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Hi Fred. I just stumbled across your blog today, and will continue to stop by in the future. I hope things get better for you, and that spring comes soon.

Thanks for writing this. I think your story needs to get out. You have some wonderful things to say.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Aaron the Atheist said...

Fred, I will miss the Grumpy one too, but everyone has to move on when the time comes. He does have other stuff in his life now and he is likely very busy doing what he needs to do take care of his affairs.

Aaron

8:37 PM  
Blogger Mobile Homemaker said...

That is too bad. The grumpy one was a good writer. I guess he was concerned that he wasn't getting enough feedback, or the kind of feedback he wanted. I do hope he continues to write, and that he finds an audience he is more comfortable with.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Fred F. said...

I agree. As new as I am sonetimes I wonder if anyone is listening.

8:06 AM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

hello fred. how are you doing today? today is friday and it is a good day.i took my wife to the thrift store and now we are home. we will probably go to church tonight. they are having a fish dinner and we are going to try it out. i am getting hungry just thinking about it. we both are trying to diet and loose some weight . we plan on going to my parents house in massachusetts to visit them. i know my wife is not crazy about going but i want her to be there with me this time. my parents are in their 80's and we both need to see them.
well have a good weekend and i will talk with you soon.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home