Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

1.26.2005

1.26.2005

Good morning to everyone!
Ever have one of those feelings something good is about to happen? I have had that kind of a feeling since I woke up this morning. Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part.
Its very nice weather out. Feels like spring. I miss being in the country. ALl the sights and smells. I really like raising cattle. Putting up hay in the summer. Fishing, hunting, having a garden to tend to. A good life.
Maybe one day, one can only hope, I can go back to a life like that.
Miss having a dog too, always had at least one in my life all the time. Funny how you take so much for granted. I am tired of coming to the library day after day, tired of sitting, wasting what little life I have left. Its especially hard knowing that I could be doing SOMETHING, if given the chance. One's mind starts to dull after a time. I have a friend I talk to almost everyday. He and I discuss everything from sports to politics, actually there isnt much we dont talk about. Its the only decent conversation I get. Does a person deserve to cease to exsist , when they become homeless? Is there no path back to a normal life? I dont know
Have a good day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home