Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

1.24.2005

1.24.2005

Good morning to all! Looks like my page views are creeping up faster , but still no comments. Either I am not saying anything worthwhile to elicit a comment, or everyone is just surfing Blogger.
I spent most of the weekend trying to stay warm. I am truly tired of all this. I have been for some time. I have come to the conclusion that being homeless means you no longer have choices with things that matter. Like where you live, what you eat, what you wear, etc. I have no choices open to me. Somewhere I recently read an article by a homeless person that siad to be homeless is a "right". Well, maybe thats true, but its not something I want.
Looks like library security is on the prowl today. They seem to come up with something new every week. For awhile they were measuring bags that the homeless brought in , they couldn't be over a certain length or you were asked to leave. A few homeless noticed the bags that the kids were bringing in were much longer and that seemed to stop the measuring.
I don't know if its a game to them or just something to keep them busy. Some, ok 3 of the guards are pretty nice folks. They do their duty, but they do it in a respectful manner and they don't take issue with who you are or where you live. They treat everyone the same. Like the librarians, there are a few, ok 4, who treat homeless like everyone else. And they get treated with respect as well. The others, well I guess they wish we would go somewhere so they could take a nap.
Have a safe and happy day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home