Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

1.07.2005

1.07.2005

Another rainy day in Nashville.
I am still battling the flu, or the symptoms anyway, I got my feet a little wet this morning, I hope that doesnt add fuel to the fire.
Not alot of news around town these days. Seems when the weather turns everyone kind of hibernates.
I have a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months. With no way to get in touch with him, I just pray he is ok.
Days like this, I wish there was something I could do.
I am going tomorrow to put in job applications again. I was going today, but it was all I could do to drag myself here this morning. So I hope to work on my resume some this afternoon and tweak it a little. Who knows maybe it will catch someone's attention.
Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job applications! You know, this is just a half-baked idea, but I wonder if there are any potential jobs for you out there where sharing your blog might actually work to your advantage.

I think the fact that you learned about blogs and have a pretty nice one shows you've got initiative and lots of curiosity. And your writing is intelligent as well as interesting, regarding your character and personal history.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you perhaps became a freelance writer, writing about the situation of homeless people and perhaps getting people more active in wanting to help?

Perhaps you should try writing to a local newspaper!

from Rachel

6:43 PM  
Blogger Fred F. said...

That sounds pretty good! Maybe I can work something up. If you or anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated!!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home