Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

12.22.2004

12.24.2004

Its pouring down the rain, so I came to the library to get out of it.
I worry about fellow homeless folks in this weather. There is a cold fron coming in,Christmas Eve temperature is supposed to be around 8 degrees. Good chance of many catching the flu or penumonia.
The rear entrance to the library is in the parking building. Many times people, including the homeless wait in the alcove for the library to open. Its dry, usually at least warm , and out of the weather. Lately they have had a guard come and move the homeless out. I noticed if there was anyone there who didn't LOOK homeless, they wouldn't say anything to them. The library here is noted for their tactics towards the homeless, but I think thats just taking things too far.
I don't know if I will be in tomorrow to write anything. Seeing as the cold weather is coming again , I need to make some preperations for the next 4 days. Cardboard boxes help insulate and keep the wind off. SO when this rain quits I need to drop behind a few business' to find a dry box or two. I have decided not to apply for any jobs until after the holidays are over. Maybe something will open up for me then
Happy Holidays to all.

4 Comments:

Blogger CafeRg said...

hello my friend ..how are things in nashville? do you know a guy name Larry? if you do tell him the dude from sunset pl said Hi. better yet tell him to get a blog ..heh..

i sincerely wish all the homeless a merry christmas and a better new year.

god bless!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Every once in a while I stumble upon very interesting blogs like yours.

My partner and I have a online psychology journal article
site which is all about online psychology journal article
.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on long distance calling services
long distance calling services

7:51 AM  
Blogger Blog World said...

Faith is spiritualized imagination.
Henry Ward Beecher- Posters.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home