Homeless Nashville

How do you describe being homeless? Growing up in a middle class family, doing all the right things. Then one day, you are on the street.What Happens now?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Now that I am no longer homeless, I still hope to help others. There are a few who truly want off the streets, out of the soup lines. Back to a "normal" way of living. Everyone who is homeless isn't a bum, nor a criminal. There are those that just need a chance. My first day as a homeless person was April 1st, 1997. From then on its been an unreal experience. Not one I would suggest anyone go thru, but one I know I have learned from. I hope in some way this blog helps you, the reader know a little about me. But more important , I hope it helps you understand a little more about homeless people in general.

12.20.2004

12.20.2004

The last few days have been pretty depressing. Its been cold, its Christmas and I have applied for 5 more jobs , only to be turned down. I should expect that, I guess, after this long of a period of time, but its really hard right now.
Sometimes its easy to feel sorry for one's self out here.About the only thing the cold weather does is it makes things a little safer sleeping at night. It's too cold for most to be out wandering, looking to see what they can get into.
Hard to get a good nights rest though. My feet were cold last night. I still havent been able to fix my sleeping bag's zipper. I hate to take the money to get a new one, but it looks like thats going to have to happen.

I miss the family times , especially at holidays. Getting presents was ok of course, but to have everyone there together, laughing and cooking, having a great time was the best.
Christmas causes people to forget for a short while, all of the angst, anger, hurt, that has built up over the past year. I saw family members who hadn't spoken for awhile, laughing together. I miss that.
I hope everyone gets one wish that comes true this Christmas. We all deserve that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home